Thursday, May 21, 2009

Open Letter to Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA)

Dear Senator Cantwell,

I've been a supporter and constituent of yours for a long time. You've made some courageous stances in the past against those who would turn our country into something less than it should be in order to bring about "security." The Bush years were scary, and a lot of us felt completely powerless. Voting for you was one of the only things we could to to fight this blight on the honor and respect of our great country.

That's why I can't understand what the Senate is doing in backstabbing Obama on Guantanamo. I didn't see your name among the brave few who took the principled stand with the President and I'm worried. We're in the midst of a number of crucial debates which will determine what kind of country we live in. Now is not the time for cowardice and infighting amongst Democrats. That didn't work for us in the Bush years, and it's not going to work now.

Take the fight to them Senator Cantwell, even if the Republicans abuse their power of filibuster again. If they want to stand for torture let them run on it. You need not fear, we the voters of this great state will be with you %100.

I'll be following this email up with a phone call. I want you to understand how deeply I feel on this matter.

P.S. I'm on all the Obama mailing lists and nothing has come out requesting letters or phone calls. I'm sure you can verify this info yourself. This is an action I'm undertaking on my own to make sure my voice is heard.

Sincerely,
Sasha C.

No comments:

Post a Comment